Monday, June 21, 2010

Imagining a dream

Hello my good people and welcome to another glorious week!

Today I thought I'd venture into the land of dreams. Not just those lovely ones that you get before being rudely awoken by the timed bedside light (absolute gold for those who have to wake before the sun - take note!). No, today I'm talking the kind of dreams which actually get you out of bed in the morning rather than keep you in there, clutching and dribbling on the pillow.

At the moment I'm daring to dream about finding a place of my own to live in. Not a grandiose dream in and of itself - although it is something I've longed to try for over a decade now. It's a passing dream as well, since I know that I will do it in the next few weeks since my roommates are moving cities. And I rationally know that when I start living on my own, the excitement will probably wear off after about the 3rd week and I realise that it is about twice as expensive as living with others.

All these things I kinda know already, in my mind.

But what gets me at the moment is the sheer excitement and anticipation that is building!! In the contemplation of being able to indulge in all the weird behaviours that living with others sometimes limits! (And no, just so you know, this more relates to the range of supplements and powders that I consume throughout the day ; the upside-down meditation for 15 mins daily ; and the 9:30 pm bedtime).

It is amazing how much buzz I get on a moment-to-moment basis at the moment just thinking that something long wished-for is within my reach - and it makes the planning all the more fun! I know there's a lot of hard work ahead... rejections perhaps, even disappointments. But I know that when I'm making my YouTube exercise videos from the comfort and privacy of my own little pad somewhere (and I emphasize it will probably be little..!) I know it will all be worthwhile.

In the same way I hope that I can inspire my own clients to feel when they begin training. 

In my mind, everyone is capable of amazing things, and achieving whatever goals they set out to reach. It's my job to help them realise this! I always say truly remarkable change can occur physically within 12-15 weeks - with pretty detailed attention to what you do, eat; how you sleep and how committed you are.

It's the dream that keeps all of these things alive - keeps you charging towards what you want to achieve, with that buzz that just keeps you smiling throughout the day knowing that the end result will all be worthwhile.

So get dreaming a little, and find some way to keep that dream alive on a daily basis, to empower you to eat right, hit the gym or the oval even though you know it might hurt a little. I promise you, the feeling you get when that dream becomes reality is worth every bit of the effort!

1 comment: